You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man’s freedom. — Clarence Darrow
For over 45 years, we have provided outstanding representation to clients throughout Southwest Washington who are facing criminal charges. Mr. Thayer has successfully defended against virtually every type of crime, including:
- Homicide & Assault: We have tried and won a variety of high-profile assault, vehicular homicide and murder cases. For example, Mr. Thayer recently obtained dismissal for a client charged with second degree murder in Clark County in March 2014. See article
- Vehicular Assault & Vehicular Homicide: Vehicular assault and homicide cases are based upon allegations of intoxication, criminal recklessness and/or criminal negligence. These cases are complex, often involving experts in accident reconstruction and toxicology. As a result, effort and experience are critical in the successful defense of these cases.
- Domestic Violence & Domestic Assault Cases: Many clients are falsely accused by spouses or relatives, and in many cases men are arrested who acted lawfully in self-defense. Mr. Thayer has won many of these cases, including a not guilty jury verdict for a police officer in November of 2014.
- Sex Crimes: Perhaps more innocent men are accused and charged with sexual assault, rape and molestation than any other felony offense. We believe nothing is more important than the acquittal of an innocent man, and our reputation for winning these cases is unsurpassed. For example, Mr. Thayer obtained dismissal of a first-degree child molestation charge for a police officer in Skamania County, Washington in April 2010 and dismissal of a nine count felony sexual misconduct case for a high school band instructor in Clark County, Washington in April 2011. See articles for additional information.
- Child Pornography Charges: These cases are charged in both State and Federal court, and demand the utmost in effort and experience. We have achieved outstanding results for our clients in State cases charged in Vancouver and Federal cases prosecuted in Tacoma.
- Marijuana grow/Manufacture and drug cases: Utilizing the Constitutional right to privacy and other procedural safeguards, we have won numerous marijuana manufacture/grow, drug possession and drug delivery cases, including some of the most notorious in the history of Southwest Washington and Idaho.
- DUI & DWI: The potential consequences of a DUI conviction can be devastating, including the loss of license, jail time, fines and increased insurance premiums. We bring over 55 years of combined expertise and experience to the defense of these cases.
We get results. Reported appellate case wins include: State v. Orick, 129 Wn.App. 654, 120 P.3d 87 (2005); State v. Boethin, 126 Wn.App. 695, 109 P.3d 461 (2005); State v. Barker, 143 Wn.2d 915, 25 P.3d 423 (2001); State v. Weisberg, 65 Wn.App. 721, 829 P.2d 252 (1992); State v. Morgavi, 58 Wn.App. 733, 794 P.2d 1289 (1990); State v. Jones, 55 Wn.App. 343, 777 P.2d 1053 (1989); State v. Kelley, 52 Wn.App. 581, 762 P.2d 20 (1988); State v. Claflin, 38 Wn.App. 847, 690 P.2d 1186 (1984); State v. Acosta, 101 Wn.2d 612, 683 P.2d 1069 (1984); State v. Shoemaker, 28 Wn.App. 787, 626, P.2d 538 (1981); State v. Ellis, 21 Wn.App. 123, 584 P.2d 428 (1978).
Contact Steven W. Thayer, P.S., online to speak with an experienced Vancouver criminal defense attorney. Evening appointments available. Contact us now.