Vancouver’s Criminal Defense Expert
Mr. Thayer has tried and won virtually every kind of criminal case, including:
- Homicide & Assault: We have tried and won a variety of high-profile assault, vehicular homicide and murder cases. For example, Mr. Thayer obtained dismissal for a client charged with second-degree murder in Clark County in March 2014.
- Vehicular Assault & Vehicular Homicide: Vehicular assault and homicide cases are based upon allegations of intoxication, criminal recklessness and/or criminal negligence. These cases are complex, often involving experts in accident reconstruction and toxicology. As a result, effort and experience are critical in the successful defense of these cases.
- Domestic Violence & Domestic Assault Cases: Many clients are falsely accused by spouses or relatives, and in many cases, men are arrested who acted lawfully in self-defense. Mr. Thayer has won many of these cases, including a not guilty jury verdict for a police officer in November of 2014.
- Sex Crimes: Perhaps more innocent men are accused and charged with sexual assault, rape and molestation than any other felony offense. We believe nothing is more important than the acquittal of an innocent man, and our reputation for winning these cases is unsurpassed. For example, Mr. Thayer obtained dismissal of a first-degree child molestation charge for a police officer in Skamania County, Washington in April 2010 and dismissal of a nine-count felony sexual misconduct case for a high school band instructor in Clark County, Washington in April 2011.
- Child Pornography Charges: These cases are charged in both State and Federal court, and demand the utmost in effort and experience. We have achieved outstanding results for our clients in State cases charged in Vancouver and Federal cases prosecuted in Tacoma.
- Marijuana grow/Manufacture and drug cases: Utilizing the Constitutional right to privacy and other procedural safeguards, we have won numerous marijuana manufacture/grow, drug possession and drug delivery cases, including some of the most notorious in the history of Southwest Washington and Idaho.
- DUI & DWI: The potential consequences of a DUI conviction can be devastating, including the loss of license, jail time, fines and increased insurance premiums. We bring over 40 years of expertise and experience to the defense of these cases.
The Aggressive Criminal
For more than 42 years Steve Thayer has served as a criminal defense lawyer and DUI attorney for Vancouver, Washington. He has dedicated his career to successfully protecting people who have been persecuted by the police and by the government. Mr. Thayer’s practice represents the innocent and the accused, defending clients in Vancouver and throughout Washington state. Call us today for a free initial consultation, and see how Steve Thayer can help you protect your future from legal implications. Serving 98660, 98661, 98662, 98663, 98664, 98665, 98682, 98683, 98684, 98685, 98686 and surrounding areas!